Friday, June 5, 2009

Ben's Shoe Mileage Totals

While studying for an exam for Six Sigma certification, someone told me: "In God we trust, all others bring data." So I'm bring the data. Granted this is only 4 shoes for one runner, but it's all I have at this point. I've always been curious how many miles I can squeak out of a shoe before it's retired to mowing lawns and picking up after the dog.

I'm very curious to see if a more expensive shoe the Nike Vomero will out last any of the Brooks shoes cost less that $100. My hunch is that shoes over $100 and shoes under $100 will last with the same amount of miles plus or minus 25 miles. What data do you have to share?

BrandModelShoe Mileage Comments
BrooksGlycerin 5263.64feel a bit flat, and thin under forefoot
BrooksRadius362.58some life left after 350
BrooksDefiance340.70feet hurt at 13 miles; getting a bit flat at 280 miles. Keeping them for short runs and the track
NikeVomero94.10went the distance for the marathon. Felt cushy.

No comments:

Post a Comment